Pepper renovated the Rocky and Berenice Miller Park into a state-of-the-art facility for Northwestern student athletes and the community. The two-phase project includes renovations to the field and dug-outs, a new press box and three new one-story buildings, including a clubhouse, concessions stand, ticket office and restrooms. The 5,000 s.f. clubhouse features training rooms, a lounge, locker room, laundry and administrative / coaches offices. The project includes new landscaping, hardscape and an irrigation system throughout.
Work began with the installation of a new drainage system, an astro-turf field and field netting. In addition, we extended and upgraded the dug-outs.
The baseball stadium is named for J. Roscoe (Rocky) Miller, who served as Northwestern University president from 1949 to 1970, and his wife, Berenice, in recognition of a gift from their daughter, Roxy Miller Pepper.